Monday, December 17, 2007

Although I am not very Stout, I love it.

A great friend of mine name Tommy gave me a stout for Christmas called Lump of Coal.

I love how they describe it on their site:

Looking forward to a depressing holiday? Here is liquid consolation. This 8% bittersweet chocolate stout is the best you could hope for in these dark times. Actually, come to think of it, considering how bad you’ve been, this little coal-black gem is more than you deserve for Christmas this year.

The handiwork of vastly talented (but altogether too cheery) master brewer Peter Scholey, Lump of Coal is the perfect stocking stuffer for the beer lover or manic depressive in your family.





This guy really knows his stuff when it comes to these matters and said this was one of the best he has ever had...so I wanted to wait until the time was right to enjoy this one. It was really good. I mean REALLY good. I'm not sure it was the best I've ever had...but it was in the top. Thank you, Tommy!

No comments: